Waffle Stitch Ear Warmer Pattern and Tutorial

12:02:00 PM

Hello fellow crocheters!

Today I am sharing with you the latest installment of my crochet chronicles... a waffle stitch ear warmer!



I think it came out mighty cute, if I do say so myself!

Here is the video tutorial for those of you who like to follow along and learn visually (like me - I learned to crochet on Youtube and love to take the time to film my makings for those just like me!)






I also recommend that you follow the pattern below to be sure you are making the correct number of stitches!

Enjoy this one!


Materials:
  • Worsted weight yarn - I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Dusty Purple
  • Size I crochet hook (a larger hook is ok and will result in a slighly larger, more stretching ear warmer)
  • Yarn Needle
  • Cute buttons & all purpose sewing thread (optional)
Abbreviations:
  • CH - chain
  • SC - single crochet
  • DC - double crochet
  • FPDC - front post double crochet

Crochet Waffle Stitch Ear Warmer Pattern:

CH 15
Row 1: DC in second CH from hook and in each stitch down, CH 2, turn.
Row 2: Row A - *FPDC in first stitch, DC in next stitch, repeat from * to the end of the row, CH 2, turn.
Row 3: Row B - *DC in first stitch, FPDC in next stitch, repeat from * to the end of the row, CH 2, turn.
Rows 4 - 47: Repeat waffle stitch alternating Row A & Row B (A, B, A, B...)
Row 48: Row B - *DC in first stitch, FPDC in next stitch, repeat from * to the end of the row, CH 1, turn.
Row 49: Join ends together by SC all the way down the row, fasten off.
Weave in tails using your yarn needle.

Optional: Using normal, all purpose sewing thread, sew on buttons wherever you like. I sewed mine over Rows 30-31.




*I do give anyone and everyone permission to make and sell items using my patterns but I ask that you link back to this post. Please do not use my photos or claim this pattern as your own. Thank you*



Tada! You now have a beautiful ear warmer for these chilly winter months. These work up in well under an hour (including sewing time!).


Thanks for stopping by -- what will you make today?

~ Ashleigh


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Let's Be Friends

Follow Me on Pinterest!

Subscribe

//]]>