The Bake Shop Blanket Series: -Finishing Up- Squares You Need to Make

11:03:00 AM

Hi there friends!

Today I am writing to you about something very serious - we are coming to the end of the Bake Shop Blanket Series! I can hardly believe it, I feel like I just released the first square and now it's already coming to a close.


I'd like to begin this post by thanking all of you who have been interested in and helped to support this project all along the way - I'm so happy to create something you all seem to love!

My heart is so full and I am so grateful.

Now enough of the mush -- back to the good stuff!

The "Finishing Up" portion of this series here at the end will be in 3 parts:

  • Part 1: What squares you need to make
  • Part 2: Joining your squares
  • Part 3: Adding a border and care for your new afghan
So let's get to Part 1!

It is worth noting that I am making a throw size blanket. You could reduce or increase the number of squares you make in order to make a smaller or larger blanket!


You will need to make 2 EACH of the 12 Bake Shop Motif Squares (all of those with the cute little bakery pictures on them). Those are:

For these, you can make 25 just like the one I make in the video (with multiple color changes) or you can make solid colored granny squares.


I wound up making solid colored squares, 25 total in my themed colors using Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn. So that's:
  • 8 Chocolate
  • 5 Mint
  • 7 Pink
  • 5 White
Once you have all of these squares completed, you are ready to join! Watch out for a video tutorial and blog post about how I choose to join these guys next week!







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Let's Be Friends

Follow Me on Pinterest!

Subscribe

//]]>